Guilford butterfly sightings

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Sun Aug 8 19:09:36 EDT 2010

To add to Lenny's comments, at Bauer Farm, besides the usual suspects, I found a Fiery Skipper on the flowers among the tomato and bean patches...No Giant Swallowtails, no dark female Tigers, no Pipevines (a bit of a surprise there), and no migrant Sulphurs, which was also a bit of a disappointment.

At Bauer Farm, it was also nice to finally meet some of the CBA folks (along with Lenny and Steve at Chaffinch), after communicating for a good number of years via e-mails...Nice to see nets, too, which of course are "not permitted" with the Mass. NABA group...Good that the CBA has an open mind, which of course leads to intellectual growth...

Alex
(Peabody, MA)