in search of

RChyinski at aol.com RChyinski at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 12:02:31 EDT 2010

Went looking for Bog Coppers at three sites this morning.
In East Haddam I found some Cranberry but no Bog Coppers.
In Salem plenty of Cranberry but no Bog Coppers. I have never found Bog
Coppers at this site though there is plenty of Cranberry. The site, which is
on  state land, is getting overgrown and needs to be cleared.
In Montville, a small bog 50-60' in dia. the Cranberry was in bloom and 2
Bog Coppers were nectaring on the flowers. Hopefully one male and one
female.

Rich Chyinski