Lyme-Old Lyme

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sat Jul 17 19:44:04 EDT 2010

7/17
At Pleasent Valley Preserve, Lyme this morning;

Spicebush SwTail
Orange Sulphur
Juniper Hairstreak 2
E Tailed Blue
GS Fritillary
Pearl Cresent
American Lady,, very fresh
Com Buckeye  FOY
Com Wood Nymph
L Wood Satyr
Silver Spotted SK
Little Glassywing SK
Dun SK
Deleware SK

Hanging around my home yard this afternoon was a good idea.

Spicebush SwTail
Tiger SwTail
Pipevine SwTail male
Cabbage White
Pearl Crescent
American Snout FOY  On Hackberry tree
Red Spotted Purple
Silver Spotted Sk
L Glassywing SK
Peck's SK
Dun SK
Broad-winged SK
Striped Hairstreak  FOY

In 2008 American Snout, here in my yard 7/25, in 2009 9/2  This is when I saw them, not necessarily when they first arrived...  Striped HS was perching on golden rod leaves that is not in bloom yet.  I checked the host plant and one of a few is heath family and my blueberry patch is about 6 feet away from where I saw it....Yesterday I found a Question Mark on a stone wall near the Hackberry trees.  One of it's host plants is Hackberry and I do see them in the area every year...The Question Mark was as fresh or fresher than I have ever seen one.  It looked like it had just emerged.
  Picture of the Hairstreak and Question Mark if you want one.
Hank Golet, Old Lyme