Trumbull Nature Center

Richard Mohr rumohr06 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 28 16:51:04 EDT 2010

Yestterday as I added some  plants to theTrumbull Nature Center garden in preparation for tomorrow's field day trip, a most magnificent Spicebush Swallowtail floated into the garden.Around and around the spicebush tree it flew. I looked for some eggs and found 2. Hopefully there will be more there tomorrow. A  lovely wood satyr rested on the fencing nearby and yes, a yellow Swallowtail showed up also. It was around 4:00 which seems a gathering time for many . Makes me know that the garden definitely entices  the winged friends out of the meadow for us to enjoy. Still looking for that first Monarch. maybe tomorrow when you can join me in the garden
ps.I broke a bone in my foot so i will not be netting in the field I will be hanging out in the garden Ruthie