Old Lyme

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sat Oct 2 19:48:59 EDT 2010

>From Hank Golet
10/2/10 In Old Lyme this afternoon, RED-BANDED HAIRSTREAK

I was in a meadow near the OL Art Academy not looking for butterflies when I found the hairstreak on goldenrod.  It was in very good condition showing no signs of wear. It was one of the few times that I did not have my camera with me.  I watched it for a couple of minutes then decided to go to my truck, parked 75 yards away, for my camera.  When I got back the butterfly was not where I had seen it and I looked for over an hour in the area with no luck.