Our address book was hacked

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Thu Mar 17 21:42:24 EDT 2011

On Wednesday about 3:45, our address book was hacked and emails were sent to everyone in it in groups of 7 at a time.  A phony URL was in the text box and nothing was in the subject line. Our service is ATT and the address book resides in their equipment at the ATT central office.  Our computer was not on line when this happened and we discovered it when we received emails with invalid addresses that were undeliverable.

Of course, ATT denies it was their problem.  Please accept our apology for the inconvenience.

Carol & Gary Lemmon