Mansfield Hollow Dam, Windham- Take 2

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat May 21 15:46:42 EDT 2011

On Saturday, 5/21, I re-visited the Mansfield Hollow Dam area where I led
last week's butterfly walk. This time, since it was sunny, it was a heck of
a  lot easier to find butterflies.  The list for the day is as follows:

Clouded Sulphur (2)
American Copper (16)
Frosted Elfin (2) (One of the two individuals was found at a different site
 than last week, so there are at least three Frosted Elfin colonies at this
 site)
Eastern Pine Elfin (1)
Gray Hairstreak (1)
Eastern Tailed-Blue (11)
Pearl Crescent (19)
American Lady (1)
Red Admiral (1)
Dreamy Duskywing (8) (my first of the year)
Sleepy Duskywing (1) (my first of the year; nectaring on  the low bush
blueberry)
Juvenal's Duskywing (19)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (2) (my first of the year)
Cobweb Skipper (22)
Indian Skipper (2) (my first of the year)

Hummingbird Clearwing Moth (1) being chased by Cobweb Skippers

Lenny Brown
Wallingford