[Ctleps-l] 8/5 - TWO GIANT SWALLOWTAILS

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 6 07:11:17 EDT 2012

8/5  Stratford yard - In reviewing photos of a Giant Swallowtail that appeared
twice in our gardens in the morning, I realized that there were actually two
different ones.  The first one was in pristine condition, stayed for 20-30
minutes, and nectared only on two Butterfly-bushes (Buddleia).  The second had
two nicks in its right wings, appeared about an hour later, and nectared on
Lantana, Butterfly-Weed, and the Buddleias.
Photos of the first one can be seen here:
http://frankmantlik.zenfolio.com/

Frank Mantlik
Stratford, CT