[Ctleps-l] Productive buddleia

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 23:06:45 EDT 2012

8/21/12 – Killingworth

On the buddleia outside my studio window today were:

A FIERY Skipper (new for the yard)
A Zabulon Skipper
Northern Broken Dashes
A Long Dash
Dun Skippers
Lots of Silver-spotted Skippers
A never-ending cavalcade of freshly Painted Ladies (last year, no Painted Ladies – all American Ladies)
Pearl Crescents
Tiger Swallowtails
A Black Swallowtail

Yesterday would retrospectively add a Peck’s Skipper, RED-BANDED HAIRSTREAK, Monarchs, Red-spotted Purple, and Spicebush Swallowtails. I could include the Cabbage Whites just to bump up the tally.

That’s just one shrub in one guy’s backyard who happens to notice what’s there. And I’m just grabbing a look every once in a while. Really makes you wonder what we, as a state/region, miss...

John