red admirals

Steve Walter swalter15 at verizon.net
Fri May 4 22:25:11 EDT 2012

When I saw the subject line, I was expecting to hear of bigger doings. Here
in the New York City area, we are getting inundated with Red Admirals. In
downtown Manhattan today, I saw a number moving northward. Later on in
Queens, while driving home from the train station, there were Red Admirals
to be seen the whole way bounding northward. I finally went to do some
birding in Alley Pond Park and there must of have been hundreds. They were
along the trails and at all levels up to the tree tops (being quite a
distraction in efforts to spot birds). It should be interesting when I get
down to the coast over the weekend.

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY