[Ctleps-l] Steep Rock this weekend

Peary Stafford pstaff at pipeline.com
Sun May 27 21:56:58 EDT 2012

Haven't been big numbers of leps flying but here is the list from our
part of the NW corner:
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
Spicebush Swallowtail
Cabbage White
Clouded Sulphur
American Copper
Bronze Copper -- one freshly emerged male who was very photogenic
Pearl Crescent
Baltimore Checkerspot -- 100+ cats, one of which had been parasitized
and was lugging the wasp pupae around in its last hours; we also saw
the parasitic wasp as it harassed a healthy caterpillar which whipped
back and forth trying to avoid being oviposited by the
wasp.    Thanks to Dr. Deane Bowers for pointing all this out to us.
Photos available.
Red Admiral
Red-spotted Purple
Viceroy