[Ctleps-l] Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Tue Oct 2 20:12:40 EDT 2012

Yesterday Monday Oct 1, and today were outstanding days to be out in the
yard watching butterflies sailing and darting about.

Monday Oct 1

Over 25 -40 Monarchs at one time on white butterfly bush mostly..they are
still in full bloom.

A Giant Swallowtail sailing gracefully about the yard..most certainly one
of my releases from last week.  Their wingbeats are so deep and majestic. I
love to watch them.

Red Admirals  at least two looking fresh.

A beautiful Common Buckeye on white buddleia.

And in my travels..mostly while pushing a stroller with little Gabby in
it...Mourning cloak and Cloudless which was nectaring for a long time and
staying still on some low growing Verbena.

Gabby is my 1 1/2 year old great-niece.  She's really into our butterfly
thing. Yesterday she didn't say hi when she saw me. She cupped her hands and
said "buuerfly?" Too cute...

Today, Tuesday, before the rains the gardens were inundated again with
Monarchs.

A few Red Admirals

American Ladies

A very fresh Painted Lady

Still some skippers..Mostly Sachems but also a few Pecks and a Fiery or two.

Maryann

</HTML>