[Ctleps-l] Niantic events

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Thu Sep 6 23:04:18 EDT 2012

Tuesday, before the rain re-began aCloudless Sulphur came early around 10
am to nectar on, of all things, purple Morning Glory.

Now that I've decided to begin my Monarch tagging in the earnest, I've seen
only a handful of Monarchs.

Oh BTW..the second batch of Cloudless Sulphur eggs on partridge pea has
produced at least two 1st instar cats.  I'm raising them indoors. No evidence
of them on the first batch which i collected, or on the outside plants...but
they are TINY.

8 Giant Swallowtails are now safely(i hope) in chrysalis.

About 10 Monarchs in various stages.

Maybe 10 Black Swallowtails in chrysalis..released two females today.

And about 13 Pipevine chrysalis which may or may not overwinter.

Maryann</HTML>