[Ctleps-l] Winged sumac and grape cats still needed

Wagner, David david.wagner at uconn.edu
Mon Sep 24 12:51:26 EDT 2012

Hi (again),

I still need clusters of larvae of two species:  the Spotted Datana (Datana perspicua) (a winged sumac feeder mostly along the coastline) and the Grapevine Skeletonizer (Harrisina americana) (also more common along the coastline).  Images of both caterpillars are in my field guide to caterpillars and easily found on BugGuide and elsewhere. If anyone sees either of these species, I could use up to 20 LIVE caterpillars of each/both.  If you have an urgent question regarding a “discovery” feel free to use my cell: 860-942-1796.

Thanks.

Dave Wagner