[Ctleps-l] Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sun Aug 18 23:46:01 EDT 2013

Had a great week..

It started with a visit on Wed from CJ and Gary which prompted me to look
for Black Swallowtail eggs on my Rue. That led to me finding Giant
Swallowtail eggs!

I'm still releasing Pipevine Swallowtails which in turn are depositing eggs
on my pipevine.

Saturday I had a Monarch..finally..only my second of the year which I
promptly netted and tagged. Another on Sunday..which I also tagged...I know it's
early to tag but i want to see if they are different individuals.

Had another Red banded Hairstreak on Saturday nectaring on mint.

And a Gray Hairstreak.

Skippers: Silver spotted, Pecks, Sachem, Tawny

Sunday: Red Spotted purple nectaring on White Buddelia

Everyday..Pipevines chasing each other and Eastern Tigers..

Love these humid days..

Maryann in Niantic

</HTML>