[Ctleps-l] Naugatuck Industrial Park - Raytkwich Rd

pjdegennaro at aol.com pjdegennaro at aol.com
Thu Jul 4 23:00:54 EDT 2013

7/4 - My father, brother, and I met Joan at the industrial park. She was there longer than us; the only butterflies I can add are another Acadian Hairstreak at the field on the milkweed stand (I had two at the same time here) bringing the total to 3 for the day and my FOY Broad-winged Skipper. For those searching for the Acadians, check all milkweed, dogbane, and sumac stands along the road as well as the willows in the field.

Here are some photos of an Acadian (and click left): http://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/9213598182/in/photostream/

Yesterday, I checked out the Banded Hairstreak colony above Great Hill Road in the industrial park. Very large numbers including a group of 7-8 fighting in the air at the same time. Also found my first Least Skipper for the park.

Happy 4th,
Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck