[Ctleps-l] Naugatuck and Hamden Leps

pjdegennaro at aol.com pjdegennaro at aol.com
Sat Jun 29 23:45:50 EDT 2013

6/29 - After the day started to heat up, butterflies began flying in my yard; notables (for my yard) included Orange Sulphur, Banded Hairstreak, Mourning Cloak, and Crossline Skipper. Both the hairstreak and the skipper were taking nectar from astilbe (great hairstreak flower). The Mourning Cloak was very fresh and spent much of the day against the house: http://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/9172230092/

Also, I went down to River Road in Hamden today to view the cicadas again. Still a chorus up in the trees and some adults along the road. Looks like they're going to make it to July. Best of the odes along the Mill River was a Dragonhunter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/9167115373/in/photostream/

Stopped in Brooksvale Park for five minutes on the way back; Lenny's list pretty much covers it; the only things I can add are one more Banded Hairstreak and a Summer Azure. I missed the Coral, but they should be coming out in numbers soon.

Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck