[Ctleps-l] Second Brood Dun Skipper

Steve Walter swalter15 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 5 19:58:29 EDT 2013

At the Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch at the Greenwich Audubon Center today, Bill
Wallace came along and mentioned to me seeing Dun Skippers yesterday. This
grabbed my attention, as I only know of one location this far north (Hook
Mountain, Rockland co. NY) where they appear to be double brooded. I
abandoned the watch for a bit and we went to the trails, particularly
focusing on the Joe Pye-weeds. We found two individuals. I don't know if
it's unprecedented, but should be a pretty good record for Connecticut.

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY