[Ctleps-l] Monarchs at Harkness

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sun Sep 22 20:16:02 EDT 2013

Was a beautiful day at Harkness SP in Waterford.

Had a feeling it would be a good Monarch movement day today so I headed
there in hopes of using some of my 100 Monarch tags.

Monarchs were surprisingly present.

Taggged 13 in the various gardens and grounds. Could have tagged more
except people kept asking what I was doing...giving me the chance to explain.

Though I am well aware that perhaps a few shyed away from the crazy lady
with the net...many more were very interested.

Very nice people. One lady said she tagged spotted owls in Ca, horseshoe
crabs, etc. but never a Monarch. Showed her how to tag one and she said it
made her day..mine too.

I was happy to see Monarchs...perhaps 30 or more total.

One individual with a deformed wing was still acting territorially.

If anyone is interested, they were mostly present in the heliotrope garden
and the cutting garden.

Maryann in Niantic

</HTML>