[Ctleps-l] Stratford Point

Peary Stafford pearydstafford at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 21:56:47 EDT 2015

Got our lifer Swarthy Skippers today at Stratford Point along with a bunch
of others.
Black Swallowtail -- males and one female
Cabbage White
Clouded Sulphur
Orange Sulphur
Gray Hairstreak -- two individuals, one worn, one very fresh
Summer Azure -- seemingly everywhere
Common Buckeye -- one, first for us this season
Monarch -- nice to see maybe ten of these, nectaring mostly on the red
clover
Common Sootywing -- One quick view
SWARTHY SKIPPER -- thanks to Peter and others for this lifer.   We probably
saw 6 individuals.
Peck's Skipper -- Nice fresh butterfly being aggressively yet
unsuccessfully pursued by a Tawny-edged
Tawny-edged Skipper -- quite a few of these
Crossline Skipper -- one individual at least, strongly marked

Peary and BK