[Ctleps-l] Field trip report

Lenny Brown epmanshell at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:52:01 EDT 2015

On Saturday, May 16th, one intrepid butterflier joined me on the CBA field
trip to Mansfield Hollow Dam in Windham.

Despite the mostly cloudy skies, we found 11 species of butterflies.  The
list for the day is as follows:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (1)
Clouded Sulphur (1)
Juniper Hairstreak (1)
Frosted Elfin (2)
Eastern Tailed-Blue (3)
Pearl Crescent (25)
American Lady (1)
Juvenal's Duskywing (20)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (1) (My first of the year)
Cobweb Skipper (18) (My first of the year)
Dusted Skipper (5) (My first of the year)

Butterfly activity at this site should be high for at least one more week,
particularly on sunny days. The butterflies' favored nectar plant, low-bush
blueberry, is just beginning to bloom.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford