[Ctleps-l] American Lady/Clouded Sulphurs Stratford 4/13

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:26:43 EDT 2016

I too had an American Lady in Stratford at Stratford Point today:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rtpi.org_american-2Dlady-2Dbutterfly-2D2_&d=AwIFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=wPbNkt6T_H4X7m_PlvSFCGU2a9-csNvfRK2IVMi-mp0&m=HIHBLHdOS74Fw-jdAikmeUdjaS7A4xDF-dB0gfEdT2o&s=atrad0ODkb5AfLmAcpcveip52JzNs-0o3eKgaAzHut0&e=

Today was also the first day I saw a couple of Clouded Sulphurs there. It
looks like we are right at the start of the early window for the American
Lady. The warm winter undoubtedly helped thanks to El Niño, even if it's
been a cool spring, and let's hope it is a productive spring and summer.

Please come visit us (Audubon Connecticut Director of Bird Conservation
Patrick Comins and me, Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator) at Stratford Point (1207 Prospect
Drive, Stratford) this year. We will be doing a great deal of continual
habitat management and improvement for birds and pollinators, some working
with Sacred Heart University and site owner DuPont.

Patrick has also planned some work days for staff and volunteers to come
and plant at the site, the first of which is Sunday, May 1 from 10AM to
sunset. Besides the always special Swarthy's Skipper we are one of the best
Monarch locations in the state and produce a lot of other great records
like the Common Checkered Skipper from last autumn. It would be a great
time to come see the place and chat with us.

Hope to see you soon!
Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Photographer: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.scottkruitbosch.com_&d=AwIFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=wPbNkt6T_H4X7m_PlvSFCGU2a9-csNvfRK2IVMi-mp0&m=HIHBLHdOS74Fw-jdAikmeUdjaS7A4xDF-dB0gfEdT2o&s=j3lZMc3lz80ouKcsMU9uFtxxIWD_IsQXXD4NtUfR_Cw&e=