[Ctleps-l] Steep Rock Today

CharlieBrownCB5 . charliebrown.cb5 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:36:44 EDT 2016

Very interesting observation Peary!  Especially in the context of
global climate change.  My thoughts are that plants and insects tend
to be more thermally regulated, and therefore are more capable of
staying relatively in sync with one another. Of course, there are
always exceptions.  However birds for example, rely solely on length
of day for their migratory and breeding behavior, which does not
necessarily coincide with daily temperature, and so can easily fall
out of sync with plant and insect food sources. Warm/early springs
probably don't have a great impact on insects, but do have the
potential to seriously impact birds, especially migratory birds.
I also found myself worrying this spring for the amphibians that
emerged to lay their eggs during the warm snap, only to have a week of
snowfall and freezing temperatures. I would be interested to know how
they have fared.
-Charlie