[Ctleps-l] Stratford Point Butterflies today

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Jul 5 23:55:14 EDT 2016

Quite a few gray hairstreaks today at Stratford Point.  Scott Kruitbosch caught the first one while out netting odes and Stefan Martin and I found at least 4 more on a quick walk around the point at lunchtime.  There were quite a few skippers about today as well, but I didn't note a swarthy.  We had one European skipper, at least one Delaware Skipper and a few other unidentified ones (probably northern broken dash).    There were a few monarchs about, several eastern tailed-blue and of both sulphurs.   I had a common wood nymph, which are fairly unusual at the Point.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115