[Ctleps-l] FOY Black Swallowtails

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Fri May 20 20:57:09 EDT 2016

yesterday 5/19, after a long day I was happy to see how well my bronze
fennel had come back when I spotted a Black Swallowtail egg. Didn't see the
butterfly but collected 15 eggs to raise. They were equally devided between the
fennel and the self sowing dill and just 2 eggs were found on the rue near
the house.

Today at work, at Old Lyme Landscape Garden Center, a female Black
Swallowtail paid a visit and was infatuated with the flowering perennial dianthus,
smells nice, must have nectar.

Back in the butterfly raising mode for 2016...

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>