[Ctleps-l] Canaan Giant Swallowtail

Peter DeGennaro degennap at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 22:55:23 EDT 2017

8/13 - I had a Giant Swallowtail flying along Page Road in Canaan. I
also briefly stopped at Robbins Swamp where Giant numbers can be
impressive, but it was cloudy the entire time I was there.

I spent most of my time at nearby Bartholomew's Cobble just over the
border in MA where I had 11-12 Giants. I finally got a dorsal shot of
one sitting at a flower, these guys almost never stop except when they
puddle: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__flic.kr_p_WAi1dt&d=DwIBaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=DxSBJXRvd7MQp-AlXAtLeydve7SiywLWLcinsn9EdPE&m=xWOJwGX7LqAE2G6X8I3tx9tl1k-v1UjHbDm8Ey0s3P8&s=2LV4NDN0_rQuZ1r0gwm_8RFJYTYOIVTD4vZChGDew6E&e=

Otherwise, a Meadow Fritillary in North Canaan and a Buckeye along the
Housatonic River in Salisbury were noteworthy.

There was also a White M Hairstreak again at my place on Tuesday, a
different individual than the one a few days before that based on
photos.

Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck