[Ctleps-l] Recent sightings

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Jul 5 10:01:34 EDT 2017

Sunday afternoon Stefan Martin and I were able to relocate Jim Dugan's Hoary Edge and found a second at the parking lot for Judge's Cave on West Rock.   We also had a group of at least four Banded Hairstreaks chasing each other about at the edge of the forest along the road.

I also stopped by the meadow habitat in the NE corner of Brooksvale Park in Hamden.  Thanks to Lenny's report I was able to finally get photos of Striped Hairstreak;  the 20th species of Lycaenidae I have been able to photograph in a broadside pose.  Also present were at least three Coral Hairstreaks.

I had a Banded Hairstreak in my yard in Meriden yesterday.

As of 5 pm I will no longer have access to this email address.  My private email (which I rarely check) is pmcomins at gmail.com
After July 17th my primary email will be pcomins at ctaudubon.org

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone