[EAS]WTC Site World

pjk pjk at design.eng.yale.edu
Sat Dec 29 17:56:22 EST 2001

Subject:   WTC Site World

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-000101658dec23.story

A moving tribute to the work at the World Trade Center site, seven
days a week, around the clock, expected to last up to eight more
months, where "ironworkers are the unsung heroes, according to
everyone else at the site."

Over the Holidays let us reflect on what means most to us: family,
friends and enduring values. Have a 2002 that is safe, and affirming!

   --PJK

LOST

Stand still. The trees ahead and bushes beside you
Are not lost. Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers,
I have made this place around you,
If you leave it you may come back again, saying Here.
No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost. Stand still. The forest knows
Where you are. You must let it find you.

   --Native American poem translated by David Wagoner,
       chair of poetry, Univ. of Washington.

(quoted in David Whyte's book "The Heart Aroused: Poetry and
the Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America," New York:
Doubleday, 1996)

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more
specific." --Lily Tomlin