[Insightl] building new collection in 5.0

Emily Brassell emily.brassell at notes.duke.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:38:47 EDT 2004

Hi all,

After upgrading our existing collections to 5.0, we're cleaning up some
metadata so that we can build a new collection with the 5.0 VRA Cataloging
Template.  We were hoping to find some sample out-of-the-box Insight 5.0
VRA records to use as a model, and the Luna folks suggested asking this
list.

Has anyone built a collection from scratch in 5.0 using the VRA template?
Would you be willing to share some sample records? Or any words of wisdom
about the process?

Also, does anyone have additional specifications or best practices for
'fuzzy date' fields, beyond the examples in the Luna documentation?

Thanks very much!
- Emily Brassell

Emily Brassell
Web Services