[Insightl] Insight course support

rlb179 at columbia.edu rlb179 at columbia.edu
Mon Nov 8 14:10:19 EST 2004

At Columbia we need to support a core curriculum course, Art
Humanities. This course has a carefully controlled syllabus,
contains a stable number of images (approximately 1700), and is
taken by approximately 1200 undergraduates per academic year.

As it is in the pedagogical interests of the course to segregrate
these images in Insight, we were wondering how best to handle this
situation: create a new "Art Humanities" collection, create a single
group for the entire course, or create a series of groups for each
section of the syllabus?

How have experienced Insight users handled similiar situations?
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robbie Blitz

Roberta Blitz
Digital Collections Librarian