[Mendele] Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements--Catching up on backlog

Victor Bers victor.bers at yale.edu
Thu Aug 7 12:39:59 EDT 2008

MENDELE Yiddish Language and Literature
Personal Notices and Announcements

Aug. 7, 2008

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The untershames apologizes for this oysgeblosene post which, contrary to
protocol, contains multiple items.

To minimize wear and tear on the untershames, three requests:

1. Send time-sensitive notices well in advance.

2. Send material as plain text:  no HTML, other coding, or attachments.

3. Correspond directly with the person who or organization which has posted the notice, *not* with your ever-beleaguered untershames.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(1)
Subject: Web-based resources on Jewish languages
From:lerner at stanford.edu

I am writing an article on web-based primary resources and sources for
Jewish languages including textual, visual (image and video), and sound. I
am interested in knowing about the existence and availability (public and
proprietary/subscription based) of the following (see below) types of
materials in Hebrew, Yiddish, Judezmo, Judeo-Arabic, Jewish Malayalam,
Judeo-Italian, Judeo-Romance languages, Judeo-Greek, Judeo-Tat,
Judeo-Persian, and other languages that have been described or called
Jewish languages at Ethnologue or elsewhere. These may also include
publications of primary materials that have appeared in secondary sources
such as journals, dissertations and monographs. I would also like to know
about materials that have been or are in the planning/project stages of
digitization but are not available on the Internet.

Annotated corpora
Unannotated corpora
Manuscripts
Recordings (Sound and transcribed)
Blogs and other web2 technologies

Other archival materials?

Any  help or information that you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Heidi G. Lerner

Heidi G. Lerner