[Mendele] Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements--100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre, withZalmen Mlotek--Brooklyn, Dec. 12

Victor Bers victor.bers at yale.edu
Sat Dec 4 23:44:17 EST 2010

Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements

December 4, 2010

To minimize wear and tear on the untershames, three requests:
1. Send time-sensitive notices well in advance.
2. Send material as plain text:  no HTML, other coding, or attachments;and
write MENDELE PERSONALS in the subject line.
3. Correspond directly with the person who or organization which has
posted the notice, *not* with your ever-beleaguered untershames.
From:  Anna Becker Anna.Becker at kbcc.cuny.edu, annabecker at verizon.net
(718) 368-5148/o, (914) 772-1955/c
Date: Dec. 3, 2010

100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre with
National Yiddish Theatre-Folksbiene Director

--Zalmen Mlotek's "100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre" with special
guest Daniella Rabbani and the New Yiddish Chorale comes to KPAC--

Brooklyn, New York.  November 2010. Kingsborough Performing Arts Center's
season of world-class Dance, Music, Theatre, and Family Shows continues
with National Yiddish Theatre-Folksbiene's Artistic Director Zalmen
Mlotek's highly entertaining "100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre" with
special guest star Daniella Rabbani and the New Yiddish Chorale.

"We are honored to have one of the world's foremost authorities of Yiddish
song with us at KPAC this season" stated Anna Becker, Kingsborough
Performing Arts Center's Executive Director "Mr. Mlotek is a consummate
showman and his concert takes us on a musical journey that is at once
entertaining, informative, and virtuosic."

100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre was hailed as the "runaway hit" of
the Berkeley Jewish Music Festival and was highly praised by Yiddishkayt
L.A., while Ms. Rabbani's performance was deemed "utterly alive" by the
New York Observer. This elegant piece celebrates the Jewish musical accent
in American theatre, beginning with the origins of the Yiddish theatre in
the wine cellars of Rumania and treating us to operetta arias, humorous
vaudeville ballads, backstage renditions of Fiddler on the Roof, and more.
Simultaneous English translations are projected on a large screen.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Zalmen Mlotek's 100 Years of Yiddish Musical Theatre
with special guest Daniella Rabbani & the New Yiddish Chorale
Sunday, December 12 @ 3 p.m.		Tickets: $25

Tickets are now on sale, and available as follows:

In Person: Kingsborough Performing Arts Center, Kingsborough Community
College, 2001 Oriental Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY.

Box Office Hours:  11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday

By Phone: (718) 368-5596

Online: www.kcckpac.org

There is ample, free parking on the campus.

ABOUT THE ARTIST:

Zalmen Mlotek, an internationally recognized authority on Yiddish folk and
theater music, Artistic Director of the nations' only Yiddish Theater -
The National Yiddish Theater - Folksbiene (www.folksbiene.org) travels
around the world giving concerts, lectures, "edu-tainments," and Shabbaton
programs.

ABOUT THE PRESENTER:

Kingsborough Community College Founded in 1963, Kingsborough Community
College, a college of the City University of New York (CUNY), has provided
half a million students with liberal arts, applied science, and career
education.  Our 70-acre waterfront campus is on Manhattan Beach, at the
extreme southern end of Brooklyn. The college's mission is to respond to
the educational, cultural, and economic needs of our students and our
community.

Kingsborough Performing Arts Center brings artistically and culturally
diverse, multi-disciplinary performances from masters of the form to the
varied communities within and surrounding the college.  We strive to
create an environment where the arts are an accessible and integral part
of life, and the Arts Center is a community gathering place for
interaction and inspiration. We offer performances in theatre, dance,
literature, and music, as well as family shows.  Our schooltime shows
welcome classes from local public and private schools, a majority of which
serves economically-disadvantaged or special needs populations.
Please do not use the "reply" key when writing to Mendele. Instead, direct
your mail as follows:

Material for Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements, i.e. announcements
of events, commercial publications, requests to which responses should be
sent exclusively to the request's author, etc., always in plain text (no
HTML or the like) to:

    victor.bers at yale.edu (in the subject line write Mendele Personal)

Material for postings to Mendele Yiddish literature and language, i.e.
inquiries and comments of a non-commercial or publicity nature:

     mendele at mailman.yale.edu

IMPORTANT:  Please include your full name as you would like it to appear
in your posting.  No posting will appear without its author's name.
Submissions to regular Mendele should not include personal email
addresses, as responses will be posted for all to read.  They must also
include the author's name as you would like it to appear.

In order to spare the shamosim time and effort, we request that
contributors adhere, when applicable, as closely as possible to standard
English punctuation, grammar, etc. and to the YIVO rules of
transliteration into Latin letters. A guide to Romanization can be found
at this site:
http://www.yivoinstitute.org/about/index.php?tid=57&aid=275

All other messages should be sent to the shamosim at this address:
mendele at mailman.yale.edu

Mendele on the web: http://mendele.commons.yale.edu/

To join or leave the list: