[Mendele] Mendele Vol.25.007 [Corrected version]

Victor Bers victor.bers at yale.edu
Fri Nov 20 09:55:19 EST 2015

Mendele: Yiddish literature and language

Contents of Vol. 25.007
November 20, 2015

1) opshikn dem khoyv (Hershl Hartman)
2) Bialik's "Metey midbar" (Amy Kaufman)
3) Mayn kales apetit (Jane Peppler)
4) "Noyekh" (David Bienenfeld)
5) nadegele fayer (Maurice Wolfthal)

Date: October 8
Subject: opshikn dem khoyv

Re: Martin Jacob's inquiry [25.006]. "opshikn dem khoyv" means, simply,
paying off (or liquidating) the debt.

Hershl Hartman

[Similar responses received from: Beni Warshawsky, Zulema Seligsohn, and
Elozor Reich]