[Mendele] MENDELE PERSONAL NOTICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS--Arbeter-ring in Yisroel: kultur-sezon 2016-2017.

Victor Bers victor.bers at yale.edu
Sat Aug 27 21:41:27 EDT 2016

MENDELE PERSONAL NOTICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

DATE: Aug. 27, 2016

To minimize wear and tear on the untershames, three requests:

1. Send time-sensitive notices well in advance.
2. Send material as plain text to victor.bers at yale.edu as plain text (no
HTML, other  coding, or attachments) and write MENDELE PERSONALS in the
subject line.
3. Correspond directly with the person who or organization which has posted
the notice, *not* with your ever-beleaguered untershames.
_______________________________________

English text follows the Yiddish text

Arbeter-ring in Yisroel farbeyt aykh tsu der derefenung fun kultur-sezon
2016-2017.

Mitvokh 07.09.2016, far mitog 11:30 efnt men mit a referat af yidish

Profesor Natan Cohen: "Vos hobn Yidn geleyent mit 120 yor tsurik?"

In kinstlerishn teyl: di zingerin Vira Lozinsky. Klavir-bagleitung: Regina
Driker

Mitvokh 21.09.2016, far mitog 11:30 vet forkumen a referat af yidish

Profesor Ber Kotlerman: "Di letste teg fun 'Der Nister'"

In kinstlerishn teyl: di zingerin Esti Nissim

Arbeter-ring in Yisroel gefint zikh in Tel Aviv, Kalisher 48. Telefon:
03-517-6764. Blitspost adres: brtavoda at netvision.net.il

Der lokal iz afn zuntik biz donershtik fun 10:00 far mitog biz 2:00 nokh
mitog. Mir farmogn a groyse yidishe bibliotek un a krom fun yidishe bikher
un diskn. Kumt un brengt ayere fraynd vos hobn lib a yidish vort!

Yitschok Luden, Sekretar           Bella Bryks-Klein, Byuro Falvarterin

Arbeter-ring in Israel (Brith Haavoda) is pleased to announce the opening
of its 2016-2017 Yiddish cultural season continuing its decades long
traditional Kultur-krayz mornings:

Wednesday, September 7th at 11:30 A.M., we will launch our season with a
lecture in Yiddish by

Prof. Nathan Cohen: "Vos hobn Yidn geleyent mit 120 yor tsurik?" ("What did
Yiddish speakers read 120 years ago?")

This will be followed by a Yiddish concert with the singer Vira Lozinsky
accompanied by the pianist Regina Driker.

Wednesday, September 21st at 11:30 A.M. we will hold our second event.

Prof. Ber Kotlerman will give a lecture in Yiddish: "Di letste teg fun 'Der
Nister'" ("The last days of 'Der Nister'")

Following the lecture, Esti Nisim will perform Yiddish songs accompanying
herself on the guitar.

 Arbeter-ring in Israel is located at 48 Kalisher Street in Tel Aviv.
Telephone: 03-517-6764. E-mail: brtavoda at netvision.net.il

We are open Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. We have a rich
Yiddish lending library and a store that sells books and compact discs in
Yiddish. All lovers of the Yiddish language are warmly invited!

Yitschok Luden, Secretary          Bella Bryks-Klein, Office Manager

Please do not use the "reply" key when writing to Mendele. Instead,
direct your mail as follows:

Material for Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements, i.e.
announcements of events, commercial publications, requests to which
always in plain text (no HTML or the like).

Material for postings to Mendele Yiddish literature and language, i.e.
inquiries and comments of a non-commercial or publicity nature:

    mendele at mailman.yale.edu

IMPORTANT:  Please include your full name as you would like it to
appear in your posting.  No posting will appear without its author's
name.

Submissions to regular Mendele should not include personal email
addresses, as responses will be posted for all to read.  They must
also include the author's name as you would like it to appear.

In order to spare the shamosim time and effort, we request that
contributors adhere, when applicable, as closely as possible to
standard English punctuation, grammar, etc. and to the YIVO rules of
transliteration into Latin letters. A guide to Romanization can be
found at this site:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.yivoinstitute.org_about_index.php-3Ftid-3D57-26aid-3D275&d=AwIFaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=D8C0VFGQIMfNsn7w8b0vfE3r3ePhWQ7ssdhDNAOIA7Y&m=i6OcOKQ3Y-dhocgtTbH6EgLZXR8Fm0SrlKQV_-7t2F8&s=5k_1G7ZAw1bKPhg69xsN2IRMOQRw-h8_bqZzGe0jlw0&e=