[NHCOLL-L:134] RE: Input wanted from users of Visual FoxPro dbs

Allison Anderson aaa at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:26:02 EDT 1999

I use MS Access for the Fishes of Texas project--this data set contains over
60,000 records.  There are really no limitations to Access' capabilities.  I
have used it since its first release and I am very happy with it.  Though I
am not a programmer, I have never come across a type of situation (query,
security, capacity, etc.) where I felt I couldn't do what I wanted.  I know
programmers who use Access solely.

I have set up a crude web-search interface (private site for project
personnel only) using dbWeb, which comes free w/ NT resource kit.  It took
me very little time to do this, but I didn't do much dressing up. There are
a lot of other programs that will do this, too, such as Cold Fusion and
Tango.

Allison Anderson
Collection Manager, Texas Natural History Collection
aaa at mail.utexas.edu