[NHCOLL-L:27] Material for wall display

Steven D. Sroka sroka at dtgnet.com
Wed Mar 17 12:37:31 EST 1999

We are in the process of opening a new museum devoted to paleontological,
geological, and cultural aspects of the Grand River Valley in northwestern
SD and I have a question regarding material to use in wall displays. The
museum will be located in a large old furniture store, with able space for
display and storage of specimens. However, the walls are covered with peg
board in the older section of the building and we would like to have
displays against these walls.

Does anyone know if there is an inexpensive way to cover the peg board,
with the understanding that it will be used as the back of the display. I
am used to having plywood as a backing, but am aware that there may be
something new on the market or that outgassing maybe a problem in certain
woods. Is plywood even an option to consider? The displays are going to be
changed occasionally so flexibility or the ability to paint the material
need to considered.

Thank you in advance.

Steven D. Sroka
Dr. Steven D. Sroka