[NHCOLL-L:310] Digital

Tim White tim.white at yale.edu
Tue Nov 2 14:00:31 EST 1999

Forwarded from Paleonet...

>I am seeking any information on high quality digital cameras for making
>publication quality images.  Ideally, the camera should provide resolution
>equal to a standard 35 mm camera.  We specifically want to take photos of
>macrofossils but also hope to adapt the camera for use on a microscope.  I
>would like to say that money is no object, but unfortunately that is not the
>case and we are limited to something in the US$8,000 to 10,000  range.  If
>anyone has some experience, information or reviews related to any high
quality
>digital camera, would he or she please pass along that information either on-
>or off-line.
>
>Thanks
>
>--ROD--
>
>Dr. Rodney D. Norby
>Curator of the Paleontological Collections
>Illinois State Geological Survey
>615 East Peabody Drive
>Champaign, IL  61820
>phone 217-244-6947
>e-mail norby at isgs.uiuc.edu
>Visit our website at http//www.isgs.uiuc.edu

Tim

*                                                                            *
* Tim White, Senior Collection Manager                                       *
* Division of Invertebrate Paleontology                                      *
* Peabody Museum of Natural History                                          *
* Yale University                                                            *
* 170 Whitney Ave., PO Box 208118                                            *
* New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8118                                          *
* 203.432.3767 (voice); 203.432.9816 (fax)                                   *
* tim.white at yale.edu (email), www.peabody.yale.edu (www)                     *