[NHCOLL-L:353] RE: Further on the accession by committeequestion

Arthur H. Harris aharris at mail.utep.edu
Mon Nov 22 19:32:03 EST 1999

I must admit to having problems with the voucher discarding, too.  I
think we're ethically bound to hold onto them once we've accepted
them.  Also, with the amount of man-caused and natural change going
on, I suspect vouchers will become more and more important through
time.  Although presumably vouchers documenting past presence or
conditions no longer extant would be held onto, we tend not to be
very good regarding prescience.

Art

--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology
Centennial Museum (Natural and Cultural History)
phone (915)747-6985; fax (915)747-5808; aharris at utep.edu
http://www.utep.edu/leb     http://www.utep.edu/museum