[NHCOLL-L:535] RE: Virus warning about e-mail to this group

Melissa C. Winans mcwinans at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 19 16:25:32 EDT 2000

At 03:37 PM 04/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>My version of this notice did NOT have an attachment ABOVE the title line.
>Are you certain that when it was sent to NHCOLL members that it had an
>attachment to it ?
>
>Could others respond and indicate whether they have an attachment to this
>NHCOLL announcement ?

For our users got it, it appeared as an HTML script that was directly
appended to the end of the message.  However, how it appeared to different
recipients may vary depending on what email program they use (ours were
using Eudora 4.3.1) and a variety of other factors.

Regardless of what form it took for you, you should be protected against
this particular worm if your virus software has an up to date set of
definitions, and is set to check incoming files automatically.

Melissa C. Winans, Senior LAN Administrator (mcwinans at mail.utexas.edu)
Texas Memorial Museum                              Phone: 512-232-4263
University of Texas                                  Fax: 512-471-6090
NPL, 10100 Burnet Rd, Bldg 122        http:\\www.utexas.edu\depts\tmm\
Austin, Texas, 78758-4445