[NHCOLL-L:812] shipping specimen in Bouin's preservative

Jessica Rosales rosales at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 15 11:41:43 EST 2000

Okay correction, the catfish is not preserved in Bouin's.  It is in the
process of being fixed, it has been in the fluid since yesterday.

Sorry about the confusion.
-Jess

Hi,

Does any one have suggestions for shipping a small catfish that is
preserved in Bouin's?  Since Bouin's has picric acid in it, I am hesitant
to do the usual wrapping of the specimen in damp cheesecloth.  I was
thinking of shipping the fish in the jar itself.  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

-Jess

Jessica Rosales
Collections Manager
Texas Natural History Collections, Texas Memorial Museum
University of Texas at Austin
PRC 176 / R4000
10100 Burnet Road, Austin TX  78758
512.471.8845 voice