[NHCOLL-L:418] printers for bottle labels and file cards

Erling Holm erlingh at rom.on.ca
Thu Feb 3 16:17:15 EST 2000

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on types of printers that are currently available and suitable for printing on continuous forms for alcoholic bottle labels and file cards (up to .01" thickness). We have been using a Diablo 430 ECS Daisy Wheel printer which is still functional after 20 years. However, the new operating systems (e.g. Windows 95) do not support that printer. We are having problems configuring the generic text printer driver and the feeling is that it may not be worth the effort since impact printers are relatively inexpensive. Also, if the Diablo printer does not wear out, eventually the print wheels of the Daisywheel will. A couple of possibilities I have been considering are Epson LQ 570+ or LQ870.

Erling Holm
Assistant Curator of Fishes
Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto, Ontario
CANADA    M5S 2C6