[NHCOLL-L:423] Salaries

Christine Del Re delre at mpm.edu
Mon Feb 7 10:00:25 EST 2000

Subject:
           Salary Query
       Date:
           Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:27:15 -0600
      From:
           "Christine Del Re" <delre at mpm.edu>
        To:
           nhcoll-l at mpm.edu

For Robin and others,

Since our HR Dept recently did a similar type of survey I asked them to
send you info.  They have  sent it to me for posting which follows.

"We called Museum's of similar size to get salary ranges.  You run a
risk
of
skewing the results of the sample if the Museum's you are looking at are

a lot
bigger or a lot smaller.  We also purchased a copy of Compensation in
Nonprofit
organizations   There is great info here.  It breaks slary ranges down
by size,
# of employees, location, type of not for profit, etc.  It is from
Abbott,
Langer and Associates  1 (708) 672-4200.  It has info on curators, but
not
necessarily collections managers. We also looked at the Art Museum
salary
guides, which are published through AAM.

You can feel free to share MPM info with them.  I would use Curator I
and II
rates, with the cautionary note that these individuals may do more than
just
collections work."
--
Christine Del Re   Voice: (414) 278-2780
Section Head/Senior Conservator  Fax: (414) 278-6100
Milwaukee Public Museum   e-mail: delre at mpm.edu
800 W. Wells St.
Milwaukee, WI  53233-1478