[NHCOLL-L:628] bird skin storage tubes

Mark Holmgren holmgren at lifesci.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 20 14:53:01 EDT 2000

Hi Paula and Jeff,
      The Museum of Systematics and Ecology at UCSB purchased tubes of different sizes for the purpose you describe about 4 years ago.  You cut the tubes to size and the plastic caps they supplied at the time fit quite snuggly over the ends of the tube.  We then printed clear adhesive labels showing species id's and we have had no worries about the safety of these skins.  Students find them quite appealing and it also lessens the anxiety of both borrowers and curators when these specimens are loaned to schools and classes.  Try this vendor:
National Bag Company
2233 Old Mill Road
Hudson, Ohio  44236
216 425-2600

Mark Holmgren, Associate Director            805 893-4098
Museum of Systematics and Ecology         fax  893-4724
Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106