[NHCOLL-L:777] FWD: Specimen Values

Cindy Ramotnik ramotnik at unm.edu
Tue Nov 14 09:55:27 EST 2000

I am resending this request and have included John Hubbard's email
address so that you can contact him directly.

This message was originally posted to AVECOL-L. With the writer's
permission I am forwarding it here for a more general audience
response. Please respond directly to John at <jphubbard at cybermesa.com>
as he is not subscribed to NHCOLL-L.

Thanks,
Cindy

Hi, all--We have a donor that wants to give the Museum of Southwestern
Biology a small collection of natural-history specimens, including (a)
study skins with data; (b) study skins without data; and (c) museum
mounts of mainly medium-sized birds (e.g., American Avocet and
Ring-billed Gull).  I want to suggest values for each of these three
categories, so the donor can use them for tax purposes.  However, I
don't have any recent information to quote for his use.  Given this, I
would appreciate any figures that people in the museum "trade" might
have to offer--mainly for relatively well-prepared specimens of common
species taken in the late 19th/early 20th centuries.  Thanks for any
help you can provide--

John Hubbard
jphubbard at cybermesa.com