[NHCOLL-L:788] Evaluation of collections

amsnyder at unm.edu amsnyder at unm.edu
Mon Nov 20 12:31:32 EST 2000

The recently forwarded email from the Museum of Southwestern Biology,
regarding the evaluation of donated bird collections,  may lead some
members of the listserv to think that we do not have a policy on this or
other museum practices.

In our Accession/Deaccession section of the policy, we have a clause on
evaluations of donated collections.

"The monetary value of an accession is not assessed by MSB staff.
Depositors may not request this service of staff nor require MSB

		Alexandra M. Snyder, Collection Manager
		MSB Division of Fishes University of New Mexico
                Albuquerque NM 87131 USA
		PH 505.277.6005  FAX 505.277.0304  EMAIL amsnyder at unm.edu