[NHCOLL-L:708] Re: CU Museum closure

John Friel jpf19 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 7 16:35:35 EDT 2000

I just thought I would mention this to prevent any possible confusion about
which "CU" Museum will be temporary closed. I was worried that someone who
just read the subject line might confuse the museum at the University of
Colorado with that at Cornell University. This is because "CU" is the
official institutional code for the fish and herp collections of the Cornell
University Museum of Vertebrates (formerly the Cornell Vertebrate
Collections) (Leviton et. al. 1995).

Levition, A. E., Gibbs, Jr. R. H., Heal, E., and Dawson, C. E. 1985.
Standards in Herpetology and Ichthyology: Part I. Standard Symbolic
codes for Institutional Resource Collections in Herpetology and
Ichthyology. Copeia 1985(3):802-832.

--

John Friel, Ph.D.
Curator of Fishes, Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates

Phone: 607-257-8143(Museum)   607-254-4253(On-campus)
Fax:607-257-1720   jpf19 at cornell.edu  http://cumv.bio.cornell.edu