[NHCOLL-L:840] compactor systems

Doug Yanega dyanega at pop.ucr.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:04:31 EST 2001

Hi. We're in the initial stages of preparation of a grant to get a manual
compactor system for our collection (of 3-4 million specimens), and I'm
looking for manufacturer contact addresses and any recommendation/warnings
from people who have had them installed in the last 10 years or so. One can
only get so far simply doing web searches - and testimonials from pleased
or displeased customers are more valuable, anyway. I've also looked through
my list archives and haven't found much in the way of detailed information
or compilations, though it certainly sounds like there may be a few of you
who went through a similar process recently, and I'd be especially
interested in hearing from you. Practical advice (about "things you learn
the hard way") is especially welcome in addition to advice regarding
manufacturers. I leave it to your discretion as to whether or not to post
replies, though I do suspect a great many folks here are interested - and I
can also promise (easy, given my packrattish nature) that any and all info
I compile will be kept handy and in electronic form should anyone else here
need the info down the line.

Thanks very much in advance,

           http://entmuseum9.ucr.edu/staff/yanega.html