[NHCOLL-L:923] Re: Ink jet printer labels

Richard_Hill at dot.ca.gov Richard_Hill at dot.ca.gov
Fri Mar 2 17:17:26 EST 2001

Or for the web site:

http://home.automatedonline.com/autoofficeproducts/

"Andy Bentley" <ABentley at ku.edu>@lists.yale.edu on 03/02/2001 09:20:48 AM

Please respond to ABentley at ku.edu

Sent by:  owner-nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu

To:   <nhcoll-l at lists.yale.edu>
cc:   <museo.morbegno at provincia.so.it>
Subject:  [NHCOLL-L:918] Ink jet printer labels

There is a suplier for non-bleeding ink printer ribbons:

Automated Office Products, Inc.
9700-A Martin Luther King Jr. Hwy.
Lanham MD 20706-1837
1.800.673.8553 PH. for customer service
contact: Charley Chapman

I don't know if they do ink jet cartidges too but we used to get non-bleed
impact printer ribbons from them and I know that they do laser jet
cartridges too.  It may be worth your while contacting them to see what
they
can do for you.  The impact printer ribbons were great - no bleeding at
all.
We also used Byron Weston paper which is alcohol resistant but is acidic.
You can find details of this in the University products catalogue which is
online at www.universityproducts.com

The other option (if you have some money) is to think of purchasing a
thermal transfer printer and preservation tag stock from Alpha systems.
Thsi system is the ultimate for printing natural history collection labels.
Details at www.bar1.com

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy Bentley