[NHCOLL-L:966] Re: Moving

Paul C. Murphey murpheyp at ucsu.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 22 12:28:45 EST 2001

The University of Colorado Museum of Natural History is moving in August
and/or September of this year, depending upon the date of completion of
our new collections building. We also maintain large collections in
paleontology, anthropology, zoology (including entomology), and botany. We
have been planning the move for about five years, and are now approaching
the end of our collections packing. You might consider driving over to
Boulder and visiting with members of our collections staff either before
or after the move has taken place, or even during if you are really brave.
Feel free to contact me if this may be of help to you. Contact information
below, Paul

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Laurel Casjens wrote:

> The Utah Museum of Natural History is contemplating a move in about 5
> years, and we want to start planning now.  We have the full complement
> of anthopology, geology, paleontology, and biology collections, each
> of which will need individual plans and procedures.
>
> I would be very interested in hearing from museums that have made a move, (I
> know there are a bunch of you out there).  I am most interested in planning:
> from inventory to planning box types and packing materials.  Any help you can
> offer would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Laurel Casjens

Paul C. Murphey, Ph.D.