[NHCOLL-L:970] Re: Water treatment

Steve Halford halford at sfu.ca
Thu Mar 22 18:48:54 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Carol Brynjolfson wrote:

> We have recirculating water in a tap/sink in a display.  We would like to
> treat it with an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal agent.  This agent needs to be
> non-toxic to humans if ingested (the tap is accessible to the public) as
> well as non-damaging towards nearby artifacts.  Any suggestions?

Can you conceal a germicidal U/V lamp in the display somewhere that it
won't shine on visitors or artifacts?  That or ultrapure filtration are
probably the only approaches which would be guaranteed non-toxic.

(or could you render the tap inaccessible?)

HTH

Steve (halford at sfu.ca)
Museum Technician
Simon Fraser University